Virtual Counseling (Telehealth)
Welcome! We offer a secure, web based, video chat service where you can hold online therapy sessions with a counselor. "Telemedicine" is often still used when referring to traditional clinical diagnosis and monitoring that is delivered by technology. However, the term "Telehealth" is now more commonly utilized as it describes the wide range of diagnosis and management, education, and other related fields of health care. Telehealth is not a specific service, but rather a collection of means to enhance care and education delivery.
Refresh Therapy is excited to offer online mental health counseling services, available for anyone residing in Oregon or Washington. If you live internationally, services may also be available.
Online counseling services can be ideal for many of the following scenarios, but is certainly not meant to be an exhaustive list:
- If you travel frequently
- If physical or mental health issues keep you from easily leaving your home and/or transportation is a barrier
- If you feel receiving services online provides greater anonymity
- If you want the convenience of avoiding travel time and traffic to get to a physical office
Web Based Software Powered by TherapyPortal
Working with a therapist online requires you to have access to technology and internet access to use therapyportal.com in a safe and confidential setting.
Client Access: Log into your existing account here <- Clickable
Also, here you will find instructions, “How to Join a Telehealth Session as a TherapyPortal User” <- Clickable
There are limitations to online therapy; it isn’t for everyone. Please feel free to ask us any questions to see if this is a good fit for you. Contact us to schedule a Telehealth session!
Tips for Your Telehealth Session
- To protect the confidentiality of your Telehealth session, please do not record any audio or video from your session or use screen capture software while your session is in progress.
- Be sure that you’re using the most up-to-date version of your web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Edge).
- Connect to ethernet or a strong, private WiFi signal.
- Consider using headphones so that you can avoid voice echo during your session.
If you are experiencing a serious mental health issue you may be better served by a local therapist who can meet you in person.
Many insurance companies cover “Telehealth” sessions, but this depends on a variety of factors. We will run a benefits check, as a courtesy, and encourage you to call your insurance company directly to learn about your plan’s benefits.